How we can help
- We can provide one-off or scheduled food parcels to help tackle food insecurity
- We can deliver advocacy support to families struggling to interact with mainstream services
- We can offer weekly deliveries of soup, main meal and a pudding to those suffering from social isolation
- We can provide befriending services to lonely residents
Do I need a referral from an official agency?
- No, our service is available to all. We aim to be as inclusive as possible.
Can agencies make a referral?
- Yes, EBI Unites often provide services in response to approaches from Housing, Social Care, NHS and voluntary sector agencies.
How do we make a difference?
- We are a referral agency who can provide access to Home Energy Scotland. This service helps families with energy advice and how to make the most of their income.
- We work with families encouraging, researching and equipping them with the appropriate skillset to look at their situation with fresh eyes.
- We formulate Action Plans with mainstream agencies working to prevent admissions to care centres of inpatient treatment facilities.
- We buddy-up residents to share skills through Inter-Generational life learning techniques.
- We champion good practice by being members of Professional Organisations and Forums, ensuring the voice of our clients is heard within national frameworks.
- We act as the bulk provision hub for Renfrewshire Council Community Food Provision network to support other groups.
- We work to prevent food from local suppliers and retails going to landfill through our ‘Zero Hero’ model (food available to all, regardless of income).